After a failed attempt to become a two-division champion, Israel Adesanya returns to middleweight to defend his middleweight championship against a familiar foe in Marvin Vettori at UFC 263.
Adesanya is one fight away from losing a unanimous decision to UFC light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz at UFC 259, but has yet to taste defeat in the middleweight division. He will try to reverse the challenge of Vettori, who believes he deserved to win his first match more than three years ago.
Adesanya defeated Vettori by a narrow split decision and would continue to dominate the division until becoming champion in 2019. As for Vettori, he has not lost since the decision to Adesanya and has posted an impressive five-game win streak that has seen him dominate the opposition.
It will be a classic striker vs. fighter matchup between these two and the stakes will be much higher in the rematch.
The co-main event will be another rematch, as Deiveson Figueiredo defends his flyweight title against Brandon Moreno after the two battled for a large majority of action in December. The undercard will also feature the return of Nate Diaz when he faces Leon Edwards in a five-round battle that could have huge implications on the title image.
Here’s everything you need to know about UFC 263.
When is UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori?
- Date: Saturday June 12
- Hour: 6 pm ET / 3 pm PT
- Main card (PPV): 10 pm ET / 7 pm PT
- Main event: 12:15 am ET / 9:15 pm PT
UFC 263: Israel Adesanya vs. Marvin Vettori takes place on Saturday with the preliminary preliminaries kicking off the event at 6 pm ET, before the pay-per-view main card begins at 10 pm ET. Adesanya and Vettori should enter the Octagon around 12:15 am ET, depending on the duration of the undercard matches.
How to watch UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori
- TV channels / live broadcast: ESPN, ESPN Sports and ESPN +
The main card for UFC 263 is available in the US on the ESPN + subscription streaming service for a pay-per-view cost. That part of the event starts at 10 p.m.
However, previous fights can be seen live on ESPN, the WatchESPN app and, for the first preliminaries, on the UFC Fight Pass.
In Canada, the main pay-per-view card is available at Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, Eastlink, and UFC PPV at UFC Fight Pass.
How much does UFC 263 cost?
- $ 69.99 (current ESPN + subscribers)
- $ 89.98 (new subscribers)
In the US, the UFC 263 main card is available via pay-per-view on ESPN +, which also requires a subscription. The PPV price for UFC 262 is $ 69.99 for current subscribers. New subscribers you can pay a package price of $ 89.99 for UFC 263 pay-per-view and an annual subscription to ESPN +, offering savings of more than 30 percent.
Where is UFC 263?
UFC 263 will take place at the Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona, in front of a live crowd.
Adesanya vs. Vettori odds for UFC 263
- Charles Oliveira: -290
- Michael Chandler: +225
According to FanDuel Sportsbook, Adesanya is the favorite at -290 with Vettori at +225. At those odds, one would have to bet $ 290 on Adesanya to make a profit of $ 100. A bet of $ 100 on Vettori would yield a return of $ 225.
Record and biography of Israel Adesanya
- Was born: July 22, 1989
- Height: 6-4
- Reach: 80 inches
- Total fights: twenty-one
- Registry: 20-1
Marvin Vettori record and biography
- Was born: September 20, 1993
- Height: 6-0
- Reach: 74 inches
- Total fights: 22
- Registry: 17-4-1
UFC 263 Fight Card
- Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Marvin Vettori for the Adesanya middleweight title
- Deiveson Figueiredo (c) vs Brandon Moreno for Figueiredo’s flyweight title
- Leon Edwards vs. Nate Diaz; Welterweight
- Demian Maia vs. Belal Muhammad; Welterweight
- Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill; Light heavyweight
- Drew Dober vs. Brad Riddell; Light
- Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart; Light heavyweight
- Lauren Murphy vs. Joanne Calderwood; Women’s flyweight
- Movsar Evloev against Hakeem Dawodu; Featherweight
Fight Pass Preliminaries
- Pannie Kianzad vs. Alexis Davis; Women’s bantamweight
- Frank Camacho vs. Matt Frevola; Light
- Chase Hooper vs. Steven Peterson; Featherweight
- Fares Ziam against Luigi Vendramini; Light
- Carlos Felipe against Jake Collier; Heavyweight