Teen Patti – meaning ‘three cards’ in English – is a card gambling game that began in the Indian subcontinent, as a social game. Teen Patti is played occasionally in India at the festival of Diwali as a ritual in which members of a family play it together. It originated from the English game of ‘three-card brag,’ with a bit of influence from Poker, and is also called ‘flash’ or ‘flush’ in some areas. Teen Patti is also popular throughout South Asia. In this age of online gaming, Teen Patti online game has been introduced for Teen Patti aficionados. Before understanding how to play the game online, let us understand certain basics about the original game.
Betting on Teen Patti
- Before you begin to bet on Teen Patti online, you need to comprehend the betting rules. You need to familiarise yourself with a few significant terminologies used in the game.
- The ‘Boot amount’ is the minimum bet amount that the player needs to ascertain and put forward at the center of the table before the betting round commences. In other words, this is the minimum amount that a player has to stake.
- There is a possibility of a player betting after seeing the cards. This is known as ‘Seen.’
- The other betting type is where the player bets without looking at the cards in hand. This is known as playing ‘Blind.’
- The amount the player may bet depends on the current wager and whether it will be played blind or seen.
- The first player has to pay the boot money as the first bet.
- Teen Patti online offers a variety of payments and withdrawal options so that players can place their minimum deposits and cash out winnings as quickly and safely as possible.
- Teen Patti online accepts payments by way of bank transfer, debit or credit cards, and E-wallet payments.
How to play Teen Patti?
- The game of Teen Patti is usually played amongst 3 to 7 players with a 52-card pack of cards, albeit without jokers.
- Like other rummy or poker games, Teen Patti commences by placing a bet.
- Usually, there is a fixed amount that players agree to bet before the distribution of the cards commences.
- The boot amount is the minimum amount at stake in the form of cash kept in a pot, which in turn is placed in the middle of a table virtually.
- After the boot amount is collected from everyone and every player has placed the bet, each player is handed over three cards, which are face down.
- Once the players are handed over three cards, and the next move is to make a call or a raise.
- A person familiar with the game of Poker must be aware of two terms. ‘To make a call’ indicates that the player may continue in the game but won’t raise the bet, whereas ‘making a raise’ means that the player will be adding cash in the pot, thereby willing to take the risk of winning or losing more than the first bet.
- A player who is temporarily away (e.g., for drinks or a loo break) and misses antes is required to post again to re-enter the game. The player must pay the relevant ante to the pot for the next hand. In this case, the amount to be posted will be the ante’s amount when the player missed the ante.
- In Teen Patti, the player is required to have all the bets in equal amounts, such that once a player places a bet of 2 coins with the other player placing 4, the previous player will have to place 4 additional coins instead of just 2 to the earlier 2.
- As the game progresses, the cash amount begins to accumulate. It is won by the player who stays in the game until the completion of the hand and has the best hand or the highest hand. The game is decided on the ranking of cards from highest to lowest.
- The Aces are ranked the highest, with number 2 being the lowest. The goal is to have the top three-card hand and grow the cash pot before the game ends.
- Unlike many other card gambling games, Teen Patti allows players to bet without limits on the rounds they wish to in a game.
- The last two players who stay in the game till the end need to display the cards. The highest-ranking hand wins the game.
- In case all other players withdraw from the game before this, the betting ends instantly, and the player who stays automatically wins the game.
Teen Patti online is a potent tool to kill your boredom. You may simply log in to play online Teen Patti on your phone and play the game for as long as you would want. It is perfect for relaxing with friends and family. You get better as you play the game. Its similarities to the Poker game make it easy to learn.