A new GamesBeat event is just around the corner! Learn more about what’s next.
As rumored, Firaxis is giving Marvel the XCOM treatment. Take-Two announced Marvel’s Midnight Suns during Gamescom’s Opening Night Live program today. It will be released in March 2022.
The first trailer for the game featured familiar Marvel heroes like Wolverine and Ghost Rider in a CG trailer. You will fight alongside these heroes against supernatural forces such as vampires.
Marvel is no stranger to games. Its heroes have appeared in fighting games, beat-’em-ups, and triple-A action-adventure titles. This XCOM-style turn-based strategy treatment is new to the brand.
Firaxis plans to reveal Marvel’s Midnight Suns game in September.
GamesBeat’s credo in covering the games industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you, not only as a decision maker in a game studio, but also as a game fan. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy interacting with it.
As you do? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, like DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events.
- Networking opportunities
- Special Interviews, Talks, and Members-Only “Open Office” Events with GamesBeat Staff
- Chat with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests on our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Presentations to related parties
Become a member