Team news, stats and predictions ahead of Southampton vs Leeds in the Premier League on Saturday; start 3pm.
Southampton Forward Che Adams will miss Saturday’s Premier League home game against Leeds after sustaining a muscle injury in international service for Scotland.
Jack Stephens remains sidelined with a knee injury, while James Ward-Prowse will miss to suspension, which should see Ibrahima Diallo in midfield.
Leeds Coach Marcelo Bielsa did not rule out Raphinha from Saturday’s Premier League game despite his involvement with Brazil.
Raphinha is reportedly set to make his first outing for Brazil in the early hours of Friday morning against Uruguay in a World Cup qualifying match.
Patrick Bamford will be missing after failing to recover from an ankle injury, while midfielder Kalvin Phillips is likely to return after a calf strain.
Bielsa also revealed that German defender Robin Koch, out of the game since the opening day loss to Manchester United, is currently in the United States to undergo a minor procedure to resolve a troublesome pelvic problem.
Luke Ayling continues to recover from a minor knee operation, but Jack Harrison, Stuart Dallas, Adam Forshaw and Crysencio Summerville are all in dispute.
How to follow
Follow Southampton vs Leeds on our blog dedicated to live matches. Highlights will also be posted on Sky Sports digital platforms and on the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel starting at 5.15pm on Saturday.
Last time …
- After winning five of their six league games with Leeds between 2006 and 2012 (L1), Southampton lost both of their Premier League games to the Whites last season.
- Against no team have Leeds won more Premier League games than against Southampton (14), with the Whites winning at home and away from the Saints last season.
- 31 of Leeds’ 35 Premier League goals against Southampton have been scored in the second half of matches, including each of the last 13 in a row. Of all the teams that have scored more than 20 goals against an opponent in competition, Leeds against Southampton is the highest proportion scored after half time (89%).
- Southampton are still winless in the Premier League this season (D4 L3): the only campaign in their history in which they failed to win any of their first eight league games was 1998-99, when they avoided relegation from the Premier League at the last day. it’s from the season.
- Leeds’ last two league away games have ended in a draw (1-1 against Burnley and Newcastle), as many draws as they have had in their 52 away games in the top flight combined beforehand. The last time they drew most consecutively on the road in the Premier League in their first six such games in 1998-99.
- Leeds are averaging just one goal per game in the Premier League this season (7 goals, 7 matches), having averaged 1.6 per game in the competition last season. In fact, last season he reached seven goals scored after just two Premier League games.
- Leeds have faced more shots (117) and more shots on goal (43) than any other team in the Premier League this season, while also having the third highest xG against the total in the competition (12.4).
- Leeds have had the fifth-most shots (105) in the Premier League this season, but have the sixth-lowest expected goal total (7.7). Its xG per shot of just 0.07 is the lowest in the competition in this period.
- After his red card against Chelsea the last time, this will be the first Premier League game in which Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse has not appeared since December 27, 2018, a 2-1 home loss to West Ham. The midfielder had appeared in 102 consecutive Premier League games for the Saints prior to this.
- Raphinha has had more shots (24), created more chances (14), tried more dribbling (37) and made more runs off the ball (223) than any other Leeds player in the Premier League this season.