Brentford will play Chelsea at Brentford Community Stadium on Saturday in the English Premier League.
Brentford comes into this game after a 2-1 win over David Moyes’ West Ham United in their last match. Goals from French winger Bryan Mbeumo and DRC international Yoane Wissa secured the victory for Thomas Frank’s Brentford. Forward Jarrod Bowen scored the consolation goal for West Ham United.
Chelsea, meanwhile, beat ten-man Southampton 3-1 in the league. Goals from center-back Trevoh Chalobah, German forward Timo Werner and left-back Ben Chilwell sealed the deal for Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea. Star midfielder James Ward-Prowse, who scored the consolation goal for Southampton, was sent off in the second half.
Brentford vs Chelsea Head-to-Head and key numbers
- In three head-to-head meetings between the two teams, Chelsea have won two matches.
- The other game ended in a draw. Brentford has yet to win.
- Chelsea have won three of their last five league games and are at the top of the league table. So far, they have only conceded three league goals.
- Brentford’s star so far has been forward Ivan Toney. The 25-year-old has scored two goals and provided two assists in the league.
- After an excellent start to the season, Chelsea forward Romelu Lukaku has not scored in his last five games for the club. The Belgian has scored four goals for Chelsea this season.
Prediction Brentford vs. Chelsea
Brentford have been one of the best teams in the Premier League this season. Not much was expected of them after their promotion to the top flight, but Thomas Frank’s men don’t seem out of place. Much of his performances so far have been due to forward Ivan Toney, who has been key to Brentford’s successful results.
The Bees are currently seventh in the league table. While there is an expectation that they will drop down the table as the season progresses, the threat of relegation is not as pronounced as it was when the season began.
Chelsea, on the other hand, is among the title contenders this time around. They signed Romelu Lukaku for £ 103.5 million this summer, and the Belgian has clearly elevated Thomas Tuchel’s team. Chelsea are currently at the top of the Premier League.
His performances have been subdued recently, and this, combined with Lukaku’s five-game drought, has raised questions. However, they should be in and around the conversation for the Premier League title as the season progresses.
Prediction: Brentford 1-3 Chelsea
Brentford vs. Chelsea betting tips
Tip 1- Result: Chelsea
Tip 2- Goals over / under 2: over 2 goals
Tip 3- Romelu Lukaku to score at any time: YES
Tip 4- Bold prediction: Chelsea win by 2 goals